2019 Mandarin Immersion Initiative @ Taiwan
After 5 years of running our own Mandarin camp and enrichment programs in San Francisco, we are ready to take Mandarin Immersion and Cultural Exchange to the next level in 2019!
Looking for a complete Mandarin immersion experience this summer? Join one of our 3 program options in Taiwan (see schedule below).
1) Provide a culturally immersive environment for students to learn and practice Mandarin with local children and teachers.
2) Continue to provide fun and effective ways to learn and practice Mandarin!
1) Setup school-year programs with K-6th grade schools in the greater Taipei area that allow foreign students to attend classes alongside local Taiwanese students.
2) Work with local schools in the greater Taipei area that will offer their own Summer Camps.
1) Similar learning framework and method as that of Sky Kids (i.e. project-based, fun, and interactive learning).
2) Public/private schools with quality programs in the greater Taipei area, instruction in Mandarin only (no bi-lingual or international schools).
1) For parents who are traveling with students joining our program in Taiwan, you will have access to local customer support to help answer questions related to travel, food, living, and/or local activities for parents and kids.
2) Students that are 9 or older can opt for our homestay add-on package. Our host families are reviewed and selected by us, just like in San Francisco, and some of them have also attended in our San Francisco-based Sky Kids camps. (N.B. Parents cannot stay with host families but you are welcome to visit them!).
Spring / Summer 2019 Schedule
Our school partners ONLY provide classes/camps to their own students and is normally closed to other local students and foreign students. Thus, spots for Sky Kids students will be limited for each school/week. Please check each school page for details.
Sign-up First, Pay Later
If you are interested in our 2019 Taiwan Program, please fill-out our application form. We will review each student’s background, language proficiency, and program request and check available spots.
Once we confirm your spot, you will receive an email with a payment link and deadline. Your spot is secured when payment has been received.
Since we have limited spots this year at all 3 schools, we may offer you a spot in another grade/group if the one you requested is full.
Fees are non-refundable for any reason. If you have a change in plans and are able to find a substitute, we can make the registration changes with the school program accordingly.
For add-on programs e.g. homestay or weekend travel/activities, please include your request in the sign-up form and we will contact you to discuss further. The cost for any add-on programs are separate from the school/camp fees.
Price of all programs is $500 per week, which includes:
Class instruction, materials, and field trip as specified in each school program schedule
Lunch (if your child has dietary restrictions, please bring own lunch but the cost is included regardless)
Sky Kids on-site staff and Q&A support related to travel, food, living, and/or local activities for parents and kids.
…but does NOT include:
Snacks, please pack your own if needed
Daily drop-off and pick-up (parents or host families are responsible)
Air ticket, local transport, other travel-related costs
Travel insurance (required for attendance of school programs)