1. Where do I drop-off and pick-up my child?
For all locations, parents or designated parties will receive an email notice with confirmation of camp booking and related drop-off and pick-up instructions one month prior to the start of camp.
2. What do I need to prepare for my child?
Please have your child wear sneakers and comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting dirty. Kids will be participating in hands-on activities each day, with half day spent outdoors on field trip. Also, please have your child bring a water bottle, lunch and snacks (if not purchasing Sky Kids lunch option).
3. Should my child bring extra set of clothes?
Yes, we suggest you prepare an extra set of clothes especially on days that are designated beach days, which will be communicated prior to the start of camp. Since we will be out having some serious fun, there will always be dirt and water involved.
4. If I did not indicate the need for extended care at registration time, can I still opt for it when camp is in session? And how will it be charged?
Yes, you can opt for extended care later and book online before camp starts. If only specific days are needed please inform and pay us via check ahead of time.
5. What if I can't pick up my child by 4:30pm if not in extended care or by 5:30pm if in extended care?
We understand that your schedule can get very hectic sometimes, but we hope that you will also respect our teachers and camp counselors' time.
- For those, who have not paid for extended care and are not able to pick-up by 4:30pm, we will charge you $20 for the full hour of extended care.
- For those in extended care that are not picked-up by 5:30pm, we will impose a late fee of $10 per minute, which will be given to the counselor on duty that day.
6. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE CAMP FEES?
All camp fees include field trips and learning materials as needed. Lunch/Snacks can be booked separately.
7. Does your camp offer financial assistance options?
Not at this moment, but we are working on it. One option is to serve as a host family for our international camp participants. If you are interested in hosting, please email our Parent Facilitator at email@example.com.
8. What if I need to cancel my camp booking?
All camp bookings are non-refundable. However, we understand there may be unforeseeable circumstances so you may make one schedule change in the same camp year. In exceptional cases, we can work with you on a solution.
9. What if my child gets sick at camp? Will you take my child to the hospital?
We will contact you immediately if your child isn't well. We also request that parents respond promptly when asked to pick up your child. If the condition is urgent we will call 911, and the child's parents will be responsible for all related medical charges resulting from ambulance use and hospital stays.
10. My child has food allergies. What if my child is allergic to snacks / lunch provided at camp?
Please note your child's food allergies at registration time and we will make arrangement when possible. However, if the allergy is extreme, please pack his/her lunch and snacks.
Camp & Curriculum
1. Will the Sky Kids curriculum remain the same every year?
Depends. We will keep classes that students rave about. We will also bring new and exciting programs to our campers each year.
2. What is your camp's teacher-to-students ratio?
We have a low In-class ratio of 1:7; for field trips we will have more chaperones so the ratio is even lower at 1:5.
3. Does Sky Kids encourage children to keep in contact with other campers from overseas?
Absolutely! It is our goal to help our campers develop friendships with other campers from overseas and to foster communication beyond the camp period. We are currently working with some amazingly creative people to develop a simple App for children to keep in touch.
4. How does Sky Kids assess children coming from overseas?
We work with partners, who interview students and parents to understand their readiness for an overseas camp experience. Our agent assesses the English level of all students, checks their recent health reports (flagging any potential health concerns) and confirms whether they have had certain immunizations before coming to our camp.